Palau Neon Green Nepthea

CA Reefer

Recently was offered a frag of one of these corals as a trade. I wasn't able to find much info on these corals with regard to their difficulty and care needs etc although they are purported to no longer be in existence in the wild.

Anyone have one of these and can you point me to any further info on their care?

vdituri

Recently was offered a frag of one of these corals as a trade. I wasn't able to find much info on these corals with regard to their difficulty and care needs etc although they are purported to no longer be in existence in the wild.

Anyone have one of these and can you point me to any further info on their care?

I bought a frag that is supposed to be this very coral.
Mine loves the moderate flow and high light MH. Has been very easy care. Very nice green color.

Nepthea's in general need some good flow to scrub off their skin when they shed.

vdituri

Can we see ANY pics of this? :)

No. It's a premium pay per view channel. lol

Here is mine.

2009_02190012.jpg

vdituri

It is a leather. More like a colt coral.
High to moderate flow and light. Amazing neon green color in person.

rick8335

I also have a true palau nepthea. I have kept it in low light in moderate flow and it has grown out of controll. The palau variety is no longer avail. in the wild, and the true island of palau is a fast grower.
Awesome Coral!!!