P41nter Red Sea Max 650 led

P4inter

Hi all,

I thought i would start a thread since I have been looking at everyone else’s and it seems only fair to share my experience with RSM 650. So to date I have had the tank set up 13 weeks and I have the following:

3 tangs
2 Clarki’s
2 chalk Gobys
2 wrasses
2 triggers (thanks to the recommendations on this forum)
3 Bangali’s
2 blenny’s
Loads of crabs/snails
72 frags (mixture SPS and LPS)
1 Anemone

Probably forget a couple but its there about. I know I have probably stocked to quickly (no patience like most reefkeepers) however to date fish have been fine. The corals have also done well with very few losses (none till the last 2 weeks - Dino).

My story regarding reef/marines gos back to the early 90’s when my 1st tank was under gravel filter with tufa rock. On and off since then I have kept some type of marine tank with my last about 6 years ago when I had a disaster moving house when an anemone decided to get himself stuck in a powerhead and then poisoned most of the livestock. The tank was never the same so I got rid of it and done without till this year when I decided to get the best tank going - RSM MAX 650 LED. A few quid later (receipts all shredded as my partner still thinks tanks/fish/corals/kit cost a couple of pounds!) I am now looking at a tank with nice livestock and plenty of brown rocks and sand (Dino).

I cleaned the rock as much as possible today with a toothbrush (sounds ridiculous but seemed to have helped?). I have also added a gfo reactor yesterday and UV sterliser 3 days ago - is this doesn’t work a gallon of bleach should do the trick. Barring that and a couple of heaters everything else is the stock equipment.

Any questions please ask.

Ps. Thanks to all who have posted their story with RSM - It has helped me loads