Ozone dropping orp reading?

carlfike

I installed my ozone on my tank today. A Poseidon 220mg/hr unit with a Milwaukee controller. Air goes through a brs dryer into unit and out to reactor. I can smell the ozone when I disconnected the hose for a sec so I know it's working but my orp reading is steadily falling. Shouldn't it be increasing? Any advice would be awesome! Thanks folks.

Oh also I'm dosing 140mg/hr which should be about 10mg/25gal which is what I read is a good starting point.

carlfike

I left the stupid cap on the probe...my orp yesterday morning was around 120. Which is low but expected here in Arizona where the house is closed up tight all summer. This morning it was reading 257. My Target is 310-330. I can already see a difference in the fish. They seem to have way more energy during feeding this morning.
I have the ozone going into my and skimmer and 2 two fishies 550 running carbon. Seems to be working great do far.

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Oh lol. The cap will get ya.. haha.. my orp hangs around 375-400.. not quite sure why I bought the orp sensor because I really dont know what it does... I was just told that if its stable its good.. :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

carlfike

the orp probes uses a small charge to measure the conductivity of the water. lower disolved o2 low orp reading, higher o2 higher reading. make sure you keep it clean. scrub it with a soft bristle tooth brush once a week.

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Good to know.. thanks..guess I better clean it tonight as I never have

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2