Oxy's RSM250

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Yes what a great article :) thanks for the link. Now I need a yellow acro.

I think you approach is spot on. Let them get settled and then see what they do. I have a lot of problems with positioning when lfs's are keeping the corals under LEDs to start. Gone are the days you could get a feel for how "brightly" lit the corals were used too, allowing you to replicate approximate position once home

In your case I think you know better than most as to wether the corals are happy. Also they will quite possibly develop into two completely different looking corals both beautiful in there own ways.

Oxylebius

My nassarius snails have been busy!

09011e02-b7d9-4759-85f6-184ef11dcc59_zpsdd50bc1b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wolffman64

Wow, that is soo cool!!! I had to watch that first video several times. Amazing!

The clowns seems really excited too :yummy:

Oxylebius

Thanks everyone! Will try to hone my video editing skills a little and see if I can add some music to the vid.

BTW, lots of love happening in my tank lately :D Captured the nassarius in an action shot, you literally can see it laying eggs in the pic below.
And lots of extra fish food this week - special treat for the fish :yummy:

nassarius laying eggs

Oxylebius

Just adding some recent pics that I posted on the 'a picture a day' thread....

Hard at work!

Right now I have nassarius, nerite, and cleaner shrimp breeding in the tank...nassarius eggs below (the photo is the first batch out of three so far this month). Still waiting on the clowns to mature and join in on the fun!

Molt of coral crab - and that is the adult size of this very tiny crab!

Mr.Reeefer

Hi Mate,

just checked out your thread, great corals, growth and photos dude.

When I get a chance I want to watch that spawning vid.

Also I agree with the less is more attitude.

take Care and happy reefing!

Oxylebius

I was considering adding spinners to the outflows, but in the top left of the photo you can see that the monti cap has grown onto and attached to the spout. How much room is needed for the spinner to run? I'm trying to gauge how far away the monti cap and rock need to be? Of course, I will have to break away the coral, but I welcome your thoughts on this....

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
My monti caps are growing right over the spin-stream attachment & it hasn't slowed any growth down.
I like the flow the spinners create :D Your tank looks great! :snshne:

Oxylebius

Over 5 years old this month, my Hawaiian hermit crab. I had a 40g tank prior to the rsm250. Of the critters that transferred from my 40g to my rsm250 was this guy. I have no idea how old it was when I got it, but it has been with me for the last five years. Other critters that made the move from the 40 to the 250 that I still have are 6 nassarius snails of one species, and one nassarius of a second species that are still living as well. All other hermits, snails, and shrimp I've had to replenish over the years.

Here are some photos of the HI hermit and nassarius snails....

New shell!

Same new shell, just a little encrusted. Hey hermit, you got a little something on your eye! Nothing the next molt won't fix.