other pets?

Iamonlyme

anu3e9ad.jpg

That's my boy sorry I know a lot of pics of him lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellwood

One beagle - red heeler mix name of Jack, and his pet cat Chico. Chico was trapped in a shuttered Mexican restaurant for more than 6 weeks. After the landlord chased him into the alley behind my apartment, I rescued him and brought him home skin and bones. Jack and Chico sleep together, watch out the window together, and play together.

Mellwood

I live in a second floor garage apartment on an alley. The poster board and tape on the window are to block the street light that's literally 2 feet from the window. Also a widower and decorating isn't a high priority for me....... They sit for hours watching the squirrels run up and down the power lines that run on the pole below the street light. At night they watch the people wandering the alley. Jack is a rescue too. From under a barn that was being demolished. Mom and 4 pups had a nest under the floor boards. He's the only one that was brindle colored. Mom and the other three were tri-color beagles. I had Jack's DNA tested and found out his daddy was a red heeler. He's a terrific hunting dog, both sight and scent. (Don't worry, I only hunt with a camera). Also has been known to herd chickens and small children.

Morning watch:
A5CC2B4C-E3B8-4AA1-AC38-339DF634D38A_zpsrabxxis0.jpg

Afternoon watch:
3B415142-85BF-41FD-9495-69ACF7A2AB6B_zpsnd9l5bcf.jpg

Nap time

071BBDA1-464D-4B34-B94D-6BA9B1611CB4_zpskxdxef5k.jpg

Night watch (sorry it's blurry)

24DD21B8-3861-42E4-89A3-64E897526231_zpsbwj827da.jpg

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Our dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.

Once you have known the love of a dog, a life without one, is a life diminished

Dogs give unconditional love, they are the role models for how we should love.

Mellwood

Too bad you can't get him in the field, those dogs are born for it, and they really come alive !

Jack gets plenty of field time. He is the only dog I've ever had that doesn't require a leash. Jack is trained to voice and hand signals, and is always under control. I take him free hiking with me when the weather is good. He literally goes everywhere with me in the truck unless the weather is too hot or cold. His great fun is running wild and chasing deer on a large farm property (over a 1000 acres) that is under conservation. He also has play dates with the Jack Russel who lives across the alley and a wiemaraner pup that's bigger than he is that lives a couple streets over. If you want to get his attention, all you have to say is "squirrel" ;-)

He is way to active to be cooped up in the apartment. The cat, on the other hand, won't go near the door, and can't be taken outside unless he's in a crate. Just freaks out completely.