OT: what are you doing for july 4th weekend?

boozeman

Well the big weekend is here...anyone doing something besides the usual hotdogs and burgers in the back yard grill :)

Gina

RS STAFF
We are going to a concert tonight in DC. Working on Mark's house over Sat and Sun. I work Mon and am on call for Emergencies on the 4th.
Nothing exciting well, except for tonight.

What do you have planned?

Stalwart

Me and Holly (my GF) are doing the usual burger and fireworks thing on Saturday, but her birthday is Tuesday, so I am taking her to a concert at Hershey Park on Monday. Def Leppard and Journey.

Gina

RS STAFF
Ah! Journey!
Used to be my favorite group back in the 80's!
I've seen them probably 8 times total.
Who is their lead singer now?

boozeman

We are planning to go see the tall sail ships come into the south street sea port.
I love Journey!!
the lead singer now is Steve Augeri who does a great job matching Steve Perrys'(original lead singer) vocal tone and range...also the new drummer (Dean Castronovo) has an amazing voice as well as serious drumming talent
..and schon is, and always will be an unbelievable guitar player!!
www.journeymusic.com

party on...:invisible

Stalwart

Current Members
Neal Schon (lead guitar, 1973-present)
Ross Valory (bass guitar, 1973-1985 and 1996-present)
Jonathan Cain (keyboards & rhythm guitar, 1981-present)
Deen Castronovo (drums, 1998-present)
Steve Augeri (vocals, 1998-present)

One of my favorite offshoots of Journey was a band that Neal Schon go going at the end of the hair band days, just before grunge took over. It was called Hardline, to bad his timing was so bad, they coulda been a contenda.

BoomerD

We're kicking around the idea of going to San Francisco to watch the fireworks show from a dinner cruise or ferry. Nothing quite like seeing the fireworks bursting thru the incoming fog while out on the water...
OR, we just might stay closer to home, and go to the concert & fireworks at the local CSU campus. They put on a pretty good show. Lots of patriotic type classical music and a great fireworks show.

Witfull

i avoid all fireworks displays now. to many people and idiots around here. if you dont want to walk a mile or two you have to be there around 3pm and cant leave, no BBQing, no alcohol, and your squeezed in like Mackeral. ill stay home, sear some strips of animal flesh over a carsenogenic laced open fire consume evil cervesa and listen to the boom boom off in the distance.

Stalwart

I might make a day trip up to South Jersey on Monday morning, then head over to Hershey for the show later in the day.

Wit and Billy you guys gonna be around, you can show me where the In Living Color shop is.

We're going camping and canoeing in Northeast Arkansas. This will probably be the first time in my life that I don't see fireworks on the 4th.

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Sounds fun everyone...I think I will be sleeping....Jet lag...Love to travel but the few days when I get home...bleh! :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
I plan on trying not to blow my hand off! I bought some really cool fire works to light up the sky and see my kid jump for joy.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Yeah im no dummy. there all idiot proof for the most part. set a few mortars off last night to break in the launch tube :) ill get some pic's for you all on the 4th. these things are huge and light up the sky real nice.