OT: MACNA 2015 Videos

Oxylebius

Lots of MACNA 2015 vids showing up on YouTube. What you will see in these vids are vendors selling new gear, selling fish and corals, and all kinds of products.

Many RS sponsors are highlighted in the vids: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?pages/Sponsors/

MACNA 2015 Recap | MelevsReef
About 150 or so vendors were at MACNA this year.
I was in the crowd, briefly at 5:08, heehee.

Show Tanks of MACNA 2015! HD | CoralFish12g
Tank eye candy!

MACNA 2015 | Tidal Gardens Inc.

MindStream Aquarium Monitoring System | MACNA 2015 | Meerwasser Live TV

I'm sure there will be more videos available in the weeks to come. I'm especially looking forward to some vids from the presentations. There were several talks that dealt with the Twilight zone during this MACNA. The Twilight zone is the area of the ocean between the upper layer where most deep divers can go and the zones where submarines are located.

upload_2015-9-13_12-30-14.jpeg

To end this brief list of videos, take the chance to watch this one particular video which Dr. Sonia J. Rowley ends her presentation at MACNA 2015 with a compilation of Twilight Zone clips from Pohnpei, Ant Atoll and Pakin Atoll, in the Federated States of Micronesia. Join Sonia, Richard L. Pyle and Brian D. Greene on a journey into the unknown - footage taken by all three team members and compiled by Sonia J. Rowley.

Scottwolver

Thanks a million these are great.

I am curious for those of you who went what you thought of the mindstream stuff. The idea is fantastic and the technology from a distance seems solid. I toyed with the idea of investing through kick starter because I would love to see the technology see the light of day. However it seems to me that it is majorly underfunded and will come out the gate too expensive and with little connectivity to things like APEX,etc where the advantages get exciting. I would be interested in your thoughts if you had a chance to talk to them at MACNA.

Thanks in advance

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
@Hutch and I spoke with the MindStream team for a good hour going through the equipment, test failure ratios, cloud/storage capacities and capabilities... You name it. We were very impressed with the technology, the accuracy, and the equipment. They have thought of just about everything, and they're constantly working to improve upon what they've already created. For instance, there's a tiny little brush that pops up to help keep the disc clean from algae/gunge as it spins. They have already lowered the monthly cost to $34.99. And they stressed that while they cannot guarantee the best accuracy of the readings after 30 days, you're still going to know if something is off in your system. Even though they haven't made the goal through their first kickstarter, they're going to make it happen regardless.

TLDR version: it's worth it.

NickF

@Hutch and I spoke with the MindStream team for a good hour going through the equipment, test failure ratios, cloud/storage capacities and capabilities... You name it. We were very impressed with the technology, the accuracy, and the equipment. They have thought of just about everything, and they're constantly working to improve upon what they've already created. For instance, there's a tiny little brush that pops up to help keep the disc clean from algae/gunge as it spins. They have already lowered the monthly cost to $34.99. And they stressed that while they cannot guarantee the best accuracy of the readings after 30 days, you're still going to know if something is off in your system. Even though they haven't made the goal through their first kickstarter, they're going to make it happen regardless.

TLDR version: it's worth it.

Here's a link to the presentation they did at macna, looks like a very impressive piece of kit. Hope they are successful, an all in one testing system with all that info sounds great, I'd love to be able to track the changes in my tank and I like the idea of seeing the depletion on the graphs.

http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http:...LV34FhRe65Iqh-CMfaZGqY8W6XbHFqOG3G_XD0euu&s=1

Oxylebius

Here is a presentation from Julian Sprung and the power of Palythoa. Julian shares his recent experience with being exposed to and getting really sick from Plays. His presentation begins with what Palythora are, the various types, how long he's kept them, and then shares his recent unfortunate experience with them.

At around 6:14, he begins to talk about palytoxin.
He begins his experience ~13:42

Last edited: