Once...twice...three times a fraggie

Melanie

OMG! Today was such a super special day. I had the most wonderful surprise this afternoon.

I guess I should start at the beginning. My first friend on RS was lcstorc. Lynn (lcstorc) cheered me on when I was successful, comforted me when I had a set back, informed me when I had a question. She was my welcome wagon to RS (and probably yours too!)

When I started my RS Friend Frag Project, Lynn couldn't wait to participate. Although we have been talking about me visiting her, she didn't wait that long, and shipped me a surprise package today!

001-8.jpg

002-12.jpg

Lynn is serious with her coral packing! Styrofoam and everything!

003-7.jpg

What could this be???

TWO fantastic fraggies!!

004-7.jpg

and

014-4.jpg

Here they are in their new home...

015-4.jpg

016-6.jpg

017-5.jpg

018-5.jpg

I don't know what to say. Lynn is truly an RS Angel.
th7.gif

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Hey Melanie... I've got the perfect way for you to repay her and say Thanks!

Send her a surprise gift of...

skimate.jpg

Lynn sure is a sweety
applepie-sm.jpg

Melanie

I see my frag, too!!! PS your Fiji Leather is AMAZING! I wish mine wouldn't be so upset...

Yep! Your frag really stands out Christopher. You can see it across the room!

Thank you re the Fiji Leather. I love it too. I was really impressed with it when I got it on-line from liveaquaria.

lcstorc

You win the guessing game on both. I have never found out what kind of gorgonian since I have never seen another one just like it and it was the first coral we bought. The parent is the centerpiece of the reef and looks like a tree. Once it gets happier it gets all these pretty brown polyps.
The second is indeed a cabbage leather. This is another of my earlier purchases and the parent is still one of my favorites. It is a very quick grower and the one you got was from my first successful fragging attempt other than the gorgonian which is super easy to frag.
I meant to get pics tonight of the parents so you could see what they will become but I worked late and didn't get it done. I'll try again tomorrow.
And yes we do have Kathy to thank for much of the packing. I put everything in the cooler and box she sent the trumpet frags to me. I figured it was a good way to recycle it. Since the weather got a bit cooler here I didn't think you needed the tater tots.
Anyway I am very glad you are enjoying them. You will like them a lot more when the gorgonian is open and happy. It is also my best indicator coral. If it doesn't open shortly after lights on then I know I need to test the water and do a water change. Give it some time to settle in and you should see the same thing. Lately mine has even been open at night.
Anyway it is getting late but I will try my best to get pics tomorrow. Meanwhile enjoy the frags.

Melanie

Lynn, guess who was all covered in brown polyps this morning?! He was almost fully expanded! Do I have him placed right? He gets good flow there from the opposite side of the tank. I just planted him in the sand. I will research to see the best ways to care for my two new babies. Photos of their moms please please please!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
That Lynn, isn't she a peach!:D Your RS community tank is coming along! Some day I see it winning a photo contest!

Melanie

One of these days Dentoid! I've entered all the photo contests and this month was the most votes I've ever received. I'll keep trying!