ocellaris clownfish health/disease issue

seanod

I have a female (larger of 2) clownfish that has been laying on it's side with body arched and rapid breathing for about 3 weeks now. After the first day of this I expected it to soon be dead, but it appears to be quite the fighter. It does move across the bottom from time to time, slowly. I haven't observed it feeding, but after about 10 days of these symptoms it was defecating so must have been eating something. There is also a flasher wrasse who first exhibited disease symptoms by hiding within live rock and bleaching out. I began soaking fresh garlic in with Reef Crack, which I feed twice daily, about 2 weeks ago and the flasher wrasse has regained most of his color and become much more active throughout the tank. The smaller clownfish is completely symptom-free as are a tailspot blenny and Wheeler's shrimp goby. Any thoughts about what could be causing this and how to resolve it if possible? I do have fireworms and some white (glass?) anemones that seem to be taking over. Any chance it could have gotten stung by something like that?

SG 1.024
Temp 78
pH 8.0
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 20 (tap water)
HOB protein skimmer

Mike Johnson

You have the five posts required to post a link. Can you post a picture of the clown? It could be several things, a picture would help a lot.

seanod

Well, the clown was deceased when I got home from work on Friday. I didn't get a pic before it expired, but everything else seems to be healthy in the tank. Flasher wrasse still hides more than he used to, but he has regained his appetite and most of his color.

blazend

hmmm ich or velvet will make the color of the fish looked bleach and sometimes ich shows no signs. I would work on just keep the fishies feed and stress free.