Nuvo 40 build thread

Frankie_Marble

Hi everyone. I have never started a build thread & thought since I will be starting a new nano build, what better time then now? Ok so quick intro on the nuvo 40 build. My wife, son & I recently moved into a new house. It was the kind of move that comes with some sacrifice. That being said it makes family life a whole lot better & let's face it, it's all about family. The layout of our new house didn't work out so I moved my large system to Long Island, where my cousin will enjoy it. That leaves me with a new build on my hands. A nano build! I have to say, I was always impressed by nano reefing but thought to myself why would anyone want to be restricted to a small system with tons of monitoring & maintenance? I now have the answer to that question. Lol.... Anyways I'm excited for this build. I already started building the stand it will go on. It's about 95% complete. I will cure the reef saver rock I purchased for 4 weeks & then start the cycle. Pics will be coming as soon as I have enough to share. If you are still reading this long intro I salute you & please anyone with some good nano advice send it my way. Thanks & I look forward to this build thread

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:yeehoo: Cheers for starting a tank journal :yeehoo:
Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures :)
Hope you enjoy sharing your build as much as we appreciate you sharing it with us. :thumbup:
Will you be taking some of the stock from your previous reef tank after your Nuvo 40 cycles? What corals & fish do you want :fishy:

Frankie_Marble

I'm undecided on live stock at the moment. What I usually do is make a list of fish & coral I want & narrow it down from there. Lol I do have the opportunity to take some animals from the bigger system but I think I will just start from scratch. New system, new fish/coral. I like LPS.... But I may venture into some SPS to see how it goes. Do u have any suggestions on fish? Like I mentioned before this will be my first nano, so I want to make sure I stock it properly. I'm pretty sure a black cap Baslett is high on my list though. Never had an opportunity to keep one, this may be my chance. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk