Novice in need of coral identification...

igoblox

What are the common names of the 2 corals below...

Many thanks!

8981616711_89b33d50d5_c.jpg

8982811218_e92d5b6130_c.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I see a torch (top picture), some zoas (in both pictures) and a goniporia (also know as a Flower Pot Coral) in the bottom picture.
Very pretty corals :D

Edit: and some awesome RED MUSHROOM too ;)

igoblox

Awesome...thats exactly what I needed to know.
Thanks for all the input.

I just got that goniporia today, so far its my fav. Such a relaxing site, seeing it react to the current.

ReefApprentice

I would be careful with those guys...they can be doing great then 8-9 months later they just wither away. I think there is a food you can give them but I'm scared to try one except the one I got as a HH.

igoblox

Thanks for the heads up ReefApprentice. I will start researching proper care for him.

One last thing...the green coral at the bottom of the pic below...

Is it just Brain Coral?

Thanks again for everyones input.

8983552280_325f2630d6_c.jpg

igoblox

Thanks for the reply.
The membrane pattern looks like Brain coral, but most Brain coral is spherical. (from what I could find)
This is more like a flat rock or plate. Hmm..oh well.

ReefApprentice

Well after feeling that my opinion , pavona , wasn't right, I sat looking at this picture puzzled. After using a photo zoom in I noticed the flesh of it resembles a maze or the trademark of a brain coral. I feel stupid now because I believe its a brain coral (Platygyra).

rufus2008

Last picture is a merulina it's a sps coral. I have one too that my lfs thought was a chalice but he was wrong.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

BackEast

Try Goniopower by Justin Credabel's. I'm having amazing luck with it..
Mine is on the sand bed roughly 20inches deep off center below 175w 14K MH constant but moderate flow.
Good luck....