noisy turboflotor 500

spiraling

Hey everyone. I put a turboflotor 500 on my RSM 130 a while back. While it is quieter than stock, its far from silent. It makes a whoom whoom whoom whoom noise all the time. It has something to do with the air coming in, but I'm not sure how to adjust it. its like a little bit of water is in the line and it has to clear it every half a second.

Things I have tried:
1 - I verified its in the line and not in the little silencer. The silencer helps, but the noise is persistant.
2 - rerouted the air hose. By moving it around to the other side of the skimmer I was able to get the noise to be less loud. But its still there
3 - verified the air hose is going straight down into the pump
4 - I took the pump assembly off and tried it in a bucket of fresh (and cleaned it all while I was there). It was quiet there. But once I got it all back in the tank I have the noise.

Can anyone help me get rid of the noise?

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
If you see water in the line, it sounds like it is either not getting enough air (silencer partially clogged), or perhaps there is a clog elsewhere, or maybe an air leak somewhere where it is getting air other than the intake tube?

Hope that helps?

Jeff

spiraling

I cleaned it all. The silencer isn't clogged (that I know of) It worked fine with the fresh water. I dont think there is another leak since its under water. Its like there is a small water leak and/or its not set up correctly. But I'm not sure of a good set up?