Nobby's S-650

Pancho75

One thing I noticed yesterday about the lid. I was messing around in the sump and I kicked up a bit of crap in there, which then made the DT a bit 'foggy'. Directly below the two support bars on the mesh lid there was a distinct 'shadow', like a dark beam, showing that directly beneath the two support bars there could be a light problem?
I noticed the shadows due to the mash bars, I ended moving the bars to be in the middle of two Hydras to make sure they did not created un desirable shadows.

I believe Red Sea did not make a good job with this covers, they are designed for any given tank and not for Max or Reefers series, I also had a flamefish who jumped through the mesh to its dead... not a great product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobbygas

Who is your tank Bully? All of my fish appear to get on well, and there doesn't appear to be any aggression. However, if I add someone new, then the Bully is always the Orchid Dottyback....the smallest bloody fish in the tank !

SPR

I've found a new toy/gadget! It's a small submarine that also has a video camera, so you could zip it around your tank and film from within !
Shaun - Get one, and produce a review on setting it up etc. Let us know if it's worth the money!
It's got a feeder arm so you can get those close shots of the fish feeding !

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K3UGZAA/?tag=reefsanc-20
I don’t think it’s reef safe! Lol

My bully is the coral beauty but only to new comers, he nips at them which is why I usually add 2 new fish at a time to try and minimise it.

Pancho75

Same as yours my fish tank seems to be a peaceful community, you almost start waiting for the smurfs to start swimming on it.... until a new fish comes on and them everybody is not ok lol. My bully normally are the pygmy angels but it depends on the kind of fish I introduce. The pygmys will be always hostile to new comers but the yellow tang or the clowns can also show so some dark side if they don’t like the new neighbor.

SPR

When was the last time you cleaned the rear circulation pumps ?

Or should I say have you cleaned them yet!?

It’s one of those jobs I’ve taken a dislike to, and mine were last cleaned on a rainy day last October

I’ve even considered getting 2 of the MP something power heads at each end to avoid cleaning them!

Nobbygas

When was the last time you cleaned the rear circulation pumps ?

Or should I say have you cleaned them yet!?

It’s one of those jobs I’ve taken a dislike to, and mine were last cleaned on a rainy day last October

I’ve even considered getting 2 of the MP something power heads at each end to avoid cleaning them!
I clean them on a 'as needed' basis. Let me explain. Now and again I switch all pumps off for a particular reason, and that is to Apstasia X any Aps I can see. I often find, when I turn the circulation pumps back on, that one or maybe two don't startup. Sometimes a little shake gets them going again, but if that doesn't work I take that pump out and give it a good dhobi. I have no intention of getting any MP Something power heads. For me, one of the main features of the S-650 is the clutterless design. I don't want cables hanging down everywhere.

Reactions: SPR

SPR

I clean them on a 'as needed' basis. Let me explain. Now and again I switch all pumps off for a particular reason, and that is to Apstasia X any Aps I can see. I often find, when I turn the circulation pumps back on, that one or maybe two don't startup. Sometimes a little shake gets them going again, but if that doesn't work I take that pump out and give it a good dhobi. I have no intention of getting any MP Something power heads. For me, one of the main features of the S-650 is the clutterless design. I don't want cables hanging down everywhere.
Im not getting MPs either for same reason.

And I find if I don't turn them off they stay on! lol

Ill leave it until the dark winter months when I cant play golf and am bored senseless!

Nobbygas

That's the spirit :)
I've got a sick Yellow Tang. Yesterday, it was lethargic and not eating. I couldn't see anything wrong with it. No spots, nothing.
Came home from work today and it was stuck against one of the water outlets. I thought it was dead, but when I tried to fish it out it swam off. Looking at it today, I can see a large whittish lump at the base of the left fin, which it's also clamping to it's side. I've added some Kaneplex to the tank, but I will be very surprised if it is still alive in the morning.
I've checked all parameters and they are all fine.

Pancho75

I've got a sick Yellow Tang. Yesterday, it was lethargic and not eating. I couldn't see anything wrong with it. No spots, nothing.
Came home from work today and it was stuck against one of the water outlets. I thought it was dead, but when I tried to fish it out it swam off. Looking at it today, I can see a large whittish lump at the base of the left fin, which it's also clamping to it's side. I've added some Kaneplex to the tank, but I will be very surprised if it is still alive in the morning.
I've checked all parameters and they are all fine.
I hope he makes it!

Nobbygas

The Yellow Tang didn't make it. It just got weaker and weaker. Apart from a white lump near the base of the left fin, there wasn't any visable sign that something was wrong. It wasn't Ich or Velvet. No other fish appear to be troubled. It was obviously an internal issue. The Kanaplex didn't have any effect because the Tang wasn't eating.
By mixing the Kanaplex with the frozen food, at least all of the other fish have been given a shot of it. Kanaplex is a Broad Spectrum Antibiotic, so it doesn't do any harm, and maybe whatever has killed the Yellow Tang will not affect any others now.