Newbie. Researching - upgrading to a Reef Set up

MickyC

Hi Everyone,
Hoping to upgrade to a reef set up in the near future. Experienced with tropical aquariums but have always dreamed of a reef tank. Looking at the Red Sea Max as a retirement present to myself.
Look forward to learning from all your experiences and knowledge.
Thanks

MC

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Micky,

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

When you get a tank, start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

I think you would love a RSM

Choff

Red sea max is a great start. They are mostly good to go out of the box, but many mod them like crazy as they see fit. I'm very pleased with my S series and RS customer support is top notch. I'm not too familar with their new reefer series, but I'm sure plenty here will chime in. Best of all you've come to a great spot at reef sanctuary for advice. Best of luck and looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Build threads are always fun!

Squatch XXL

If you are seeking a Red Sea Setup, this is the place to go. There is not only a huge knowledge base, but company reps regularly help out members.

Aside from that this is a great forum with many great and intelligent members....All of whom love to share experiences and information.

I personally am glad to be a member here. The community meshes quite well.

But that is just my opinion for what its worth.

Good luck MickeyC! Saltwater is not a hobby, it is an addiction. This is not a support group, we are enablers.

pablomay28

If anyone plans on modding a red sea max just get the red sea reefer. I modded my RSM 250 and in the end I got the RSR 450 and used some of the gear from my RSM since I had oversized some of the stuff

Rini

Hello,

The reason that i have got an RSM C250was because i like to have an closed top, and an package that has everything in it. Plug and play. I have the tank now for a few months and i'm very happy with it. It just works. I'm not planning to upgrade anything in the near future about hardware. Everytthing is original. Before i got this one i had some candidate tanks i was interested in. The support of red sea is very good, lot of things to find on the internet / youtube. Even the water testers are very good explained with youtube video's. So i'm happy to pay a bit extra for this ;)
Overall i'm very pleased with the Red sea max c250.