Newbie-Need help with ballasts red sea max 250

Hi happy new year to all. I have a red sea max 250 with 2 lights not working. I've had the hood apart and i'm pretty sure it's the ballast that's gone. Had the hood apart and ballast was clicking and tubes were flashing but have completely stopped now. My question is.... will this ballast work as a replacement. http://www.lampshoponline.com/tridonic-pc-2-39-t5-pro-lp/ I've ordered it and the size and specs are very similar.. What's your thoughts???

Pat24601

I might suggest posting in the Ask Red Sea forum. They should have a good suggestion on the best thing to do.

I'd help, but I don't know.

The size is almost identical but and most of the spec but I'm no sparky so it doesn't make 100 percent sense to me. How can I move this thread???

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
@RedSeaKev

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Saw you cross posted. If no other members know, let's see what Red Sea says.
Yeah thought it would be a good idea to put it in the red sea section lol. I searched for ages for alternative ballasts all over the Web but found nothing, so it's ordered and once fitted ill update to let you all know how it goes and hopefully help someone in the future

hollanda

I’ve got the Red Sea max 250.
Already got it open and I can switch the ballast. I want to know if this works. Thanks for the tip but I’ll try an 20$ fix over an 800$ replacement first.

DaveK

If you can find an exact replacement ballast replacing it should be easy. If you can't it's usually possible to reto fit any ballast that will work with the bulbs, if you don't mind a little hacking of the hood.