New two the world of fish

NickF

Asterina Starfish, I have a few in my tank but they normally stay on the glass or back wall and haven't bothered any coral. They do multiply quickly so I pull them out when I can be bothered but I don't think they are a problem.

d7e38b899ba711c4afce42238f05d6c9.jpg

It just separated:))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squatch XXL

Looking good! Makes me want a nano :D
I feel the same. I can convince the wife to let me have whatever sized tank in our finished basement...but Ill be damned if I can get her to let me have even a 5 gallon upstairs.....I guess that is her space, and I will just have to be happy with my basement.

@BorchardtTanks

It looks great. Take your time and don't rush the wait on coraline algae. Though really neat in theory, it can be a pain when it starts covering glass.

I would recommend encrusting corals (montipora/cyphestra etc) as a great alternative that gives you ability to create tradeable/sellable frags.

I keep meaning to make a nano, but since you are doing it first I will just tag along and watch.

saintsreturn

hey bud, its been almost two years and you havent shared anything. Come back and show everyone your new setup!!!

Uncle99

Astrerina starfish, harmless but multiples quickly.
Won't hurt nothing but I remove whenever I see them, don't need them.

The cyno, (red slime) usually comes from water which is higher in nutrients. It will go away three ways.

1 - you keep perfect water on point all parameters consistently, and the source of that water is RODI only with a TDS less than 5ppm, lower, better.
2- you add flow so it can not accumulate.
3-some people use a red slime remover, but you don't have much, better to work with water, however in extreme cases, yes.

For a coral, a bit expensive but I would look into an Austrialian Scolymia, Relatively easy to keep, not so demanding, expensive, but come in very extreme colours...feed some Mysis shrimp once per week or so, they pump right up.