New to RS. Starting Saltwater after 25 years.

Eisen

Hello fellow enthusiasts. I raised salt water fish many moons ago and some things have changed and some things haven't. I'm happy to be back. It's great that there is a forum where people can get together and discuss the things they enjoy. I wonder if maturity helps any? I find myself being alot more patient these days and I hope it's an asset. Anyway. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
I wonder if maturity helps any?

No! it just means you probably have more money to get in trouble with and less concerns about doing so lol. Welcome to RS! so whats the plan?

boozeman

:hallo:
many things have changed in 25 yrs.
....as for patience, in this hobby nothing good happens quickly

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
welcome01.gif
It's an exciting time in the reef hobby with all the advancments in technology and the opportuities in the future. I got back into the hobby after a lengthy hiatus to find a whole new world of saltwater animal/invertebrate husbandry. Welcome back and the sky is the limit!

tbittner

Welcome to RS, Eisen!

It's great to have you here. My extensive experience encompasses the past nine months. :lol:

Anyway, I'm still learning! And it seems like there are still new things coming along and arriving on the scene.

Eisen

I wonder if maturity helps any?

No! it just means you probably have more money to get in trouble with and less concerns about doing so lol. Welcome to RS! so whats the plan?

The plan is to get my 24G (starting small) Aquapod going with saltwater fish. It has 2 engineer gobys and one piece of live rock in it. Waiting for it to cycle. going to use a 12G for a hospital/new fish tank. Won't tackle a reef until i know what i'm doing. Any advice?