New to me Red Sea Max 130D from SC

dMiles

Hello Guys. Came across what I thought was a good deal on a used Red Sea Max 130D from my local LFS. Will be setting it up next weekend. Hope all goes well.

PSBoston

Good luck with the set up! Great thing is about this forum is almost everything you need to know about a 130D is posted here somewhere....

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Congrats on the RSM 130D ! 

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...ay-post-pics-photobucket-nanoreefing4fun.html

dMiles

Thanks. So here goes. Since I bought this system used is the anything I should replace/add before I set it up?

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks. So here goes. Since I bought this system used is the anything I should replace/add before I set it up?

I'm no expert on the 130 so others will have to jump in here but I can say this. I would pull all the pumps, take them apart and soak them in vinegar for a couple of hours and then clean them with an old tooth brush. This way you know all the pumps are good. I do know that most others have added the InTank media basket and upgraded skimmer:

RSM 130/130D Media Basket