New to Forum - New to Marine - New to Fish

Felinus

Hi

Starting out as complete novice.

Just bought secondhand E170 , up and running for just over a week just added CUC and Fire Goby - parameters all stable but have nice Algae bloom to deal with.

Starting out slow and taking lots of advice.

Fel

Felinus

So this is my first ever tank and i am just getting to grips with it. It has the additional sump so the filters, skimmer and return pump are in there. I am impressed with the build quality, but without any experience I cannot make any comparisons of the equipment - skimmer little tricky to operate and noisy until i added some filter floss to outlet thus reducing the waterfall effect.

Pat24601

So this is my first ever tank and i am just getting to grips with it. It has the additional sump so the filters, skimmer and return pump are in there. I am impressed with the build quality, but without any experience I cannot make any comparisons of the equipment - skimmer little tricky to operate and noisy until i added some filter floss to outlet thus reducing the waterfall effect.

Red Sea is a great product. You made a very good choice on quality. You don’t need to worry about that.

Skimmers are just tricky when you are new. My real advice is don’t worry about getting it set optimally right now. Just play with it and see what happens as you do different settings. Eventually, you’ll see what setting seems to work best for your tank and you can leave it there.