New tank problems

Thedeveloper0

Hi everyone,

After keeping tropical tanks for a few years I decided it was time for a change so I have just purchased a secondhand rsm c250 tank just over a week ago.
The previous owner fitted a deltec mc500 skimmer and it is driving me crazy!!.....it was kind of working although it needed adjustment but since I did a 10% water change 2 days ago I cannot get it to produce any foam, I have left it running with the gate fully down and the air tap open but no matter what adjustment I make I cannot get it working....it produces bubbles but no foam, any help would be appreciated.

I have attached a picture of the tank and a picture of the bubbles in the skimmer.image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hi Developer :wave:
:rbwwelc:Welcome to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:
Very good choice of tanks & SW is very exciting!
Thinking you will L:heart:VE IT :D
Did you let your new tank cycle before adding fish :fishy::fishy: Are you testing for ammonia & nitrite? :fishy:
Start a tank thread & share your progress...
Hope someone can give you some skimmer suggestions.

Very BEST WISHES....:cruiser:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics

Hopefully some can advise on the skimmer...

they key to most skimmer problems is usually consistent water levels - if this helps...

Pat24601

Do you have much bioload (fish)? I can't really tell from the picture really.

If not there may just not be much for the skimmer to skim.