New tank or week vacation?

Go on vacation or get a bigger tank?

• Total voters

Creekview

A vacation is a one time experience. A nice tank gives, for me, a much better return on investment...........the gift that keeps on giving.....

Ratpack

With $5k in hand, I could easily do both. That should be able to get a nice set up in the 75-90 gallon range and still be able to take a week vacation somewhere nice.

DaveK

With $5k in hand, I could easily do both. That should be able to get a nice set up in the 75-90 gallon range and still be able to take a week vacation somewhere nice.

I wouldn't count on that. You can run through a lot of money fast on a reef system, even if you don't go all out. I'd set up a sperad sheet first and figure out what the total cost of ownership will be for the tank.

For a quick estimate, I usually figure a reef system, using all new equipment, will cost about $35 to $50 per gallon of water in the main display tank. You can easily spend a lot more.

Desmond

Go on the holiday all inclusive take all the free things you get and realax and buy a tank when ya get back after saving a bit. Mabe a smaller holiday. Then ya get the best of both worlds :)