New stuff for Jiddy

Jiddy

Just got my www.YOURREEF.com order, looks good, have some questions (have to you make you earn your pictures, lol)

Of course ill take some shots!

Just got my package a while ago and seen that my boy John threw in some other stuff as well, i see i got some fire&ice zoo's and those pimp white/yellow ones, but anyways, before all that (im waiting for my wife to get home before i add them to my tank, so the pics will be then, lol) i have a few questions!

1. Should i turn my lights off to add the zoo's and the shrimp? the shrimp is tiny and my YT might eat him? what do you think

2. I noticed some bristle worms in the bags with zoo's, i got the big one out but i can see teeny tiny worms on the bottom of the jar with the zoo's, ill fresh water dip & jerk rapidly, any other suggestions?

3. I noticed a worm-like creature that was orange and had a "stringy" head, like a feather-duster,i know feather duster are worms, but are they orange or was this something else?

Pics soon
-jiddy

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
1. Turning off the lights is not necessary when adding corals... a fish maybe.

2. Dipping all new corals is a great idea! Some use fw, other use fw and an iodine type dip. I'll try to find a few links for ya...

3. No idea.

PICS!!

ReefLady

Staff member
Bristle worms are generally considered good guys. No need to try and get rid of them!

Congrats on the new goodies. :)

Newt

Jiddy said:
1. Should i turn my lights off to add the zoo's and the shrimp? the shrimp is tiny and my YT might eat him? what do you think

2. I noticed some bristle worms in the bags with zoo's, i got the big one out but i can see teeny tiny worms on the bottom of the jar with the zoo's, ill fresh water dip & jerk rapidly, any other suggestions?

3. I noticed a worm-like creature that was orange and had a "stringy" head, like a feather-duster,i know feather duster are worms, but are they orange or was this something else?

2. Leave the bristlies! Like Travis said they are good guys, normally the only times people find problems are when they run out of food to eat (which is very rare) and in those cases may start to take tastes of corals. But for the most part they remain in the sandbed to help stir things up. But if you really dislike them just pull them with your fingers, well I guess just a FW dip would work too :)

3. My guess on the orange worm with a "stringy" head would be a spaghetti worm, also good guys.

Now some pics Buddy, I think we earned em'!

Jason