New setup/biocube

Heidi

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the salt water aquarium. I just set my 32 biocube yesterday. I have the live rock and live sand. I have a chem pure blue but i forget to rinse it before putting in the tank. The water is still little cloudy but hopefully will clear up soon.I hope to get fish soon when i get back to town. Does anyone have suggestion on my live rock? Do i need to rearrange it more? Or does it look good the way it is?

Attachments

• IMG_0679.JPG
    IMG_0679.JPG
    968.1 KB · Views: 9

mr_tap_water

Welcome to RS Kansas[emoji846]
You say you have live rock and live sand but have you cycled your tank yet,?
As for your rockwork looks nice The only thing I would say though is if you want to have corals on your rock it's best to start off wider at the bottom and narrow out at the top this stops shadowing on the lower levels where the corals wouldn't get light and make sure it's Stable as you don't want to crash and down on anything at a later date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thaitopher

Nice setup. Definitely cycle your tank before putting in any fish. Some frozen shrimp will help the cycling process

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Heidi

Thanks for replying. It will be while before i can go back to get fish. I have everything up and running now. With the live rock and live sand how long does cycling typically take. I knew having levels on rock is important. I do plan to get coral so i will look to see how i can rearrange a bit.

How many fish can you typically put in the 32 biocube?

mr_tap_water

Hi there
I wouldn't rush in and buy Fish /Corals at the moment if I was you I would have a read up on how to cycle you're tank also you will need some test kits Ammonia. Nitrite. Nitrate. And maybe more different types of test kits at a later date One ,
So one way to cycle is throw in some cooked or raw prawns and let then start rotting first of all you should see a spike in the ammonia after that you should see Nitrite and then Nitrate when the last one comes down to near zero thereabouts then you will be able to start adding your fish but do it slowly don't put too many in at once as your good bacteria needs to build up. Good luck[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

Crowther

Welcome Heidi. Here is a good link that talks about cycling: saltwateraquariumhobby.com/saltwater-aquarium-cycling/nitrogen-cycle/

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk