New RSM Nano Owner

Bagmouss

Hey, many thanks for the warm welcome to RS

May i introduce myself, my name is Dan or Bagmouss (pronounced Bag-puss but with an m not p)

I have been keeping freshwater, tropical, planted fish & shrimp tanks for quite a few years now. I enjoy the challenge of keeping all things well and healthy in a tank, and seeing the beautiful life inside go about it's daily business.

As you have probably guessed from my presence here and from the title of this post, i have yet to branch into Marine and Reef tank keeping, but i am about too.......

Hopefully with the help, support and guidance of this great community, I can successfully try my hand at what i believe has been said to be the hardest, most challenging but rewarding branch of this great hobby (lives) of ours.

Let me give you some background as to where i am in this journey and that any advice, suggestions, warnings, etc would be greatly received.

As we speak i have just purchased a Red Sea Max Nano tank/cabinet. I know there are a number of reasons why i should or shouldn't have bought this brand or size of tank, especially for my first foray into the salty side of our tank loving world, but it is what it is, so this challenge has been laid before me.

Before joining RS and in particular RSM owners club i noticed Wrangys "New to Saltwater??" post. First off thank you so much Wrangy (and all other contributors) for what is a very informative and extremely helpful and supportive post. Very much appreciated.

With that in mind and with the tons of research I have already done and hoping my experiences with Freshwater/Tropical tanks will help a touch, i am now a little less nervous or more confident (glass half full/half empty?).

So i will be posting lots and i appreciated your frustrations if these have been previously answered. I promise I will search the forums intensively before bugging the world with my silly questions. (please don't shoot the newbie)

So here goes, I would ultimately like to achieve a mixed reef, live rock with fish tank but obviously starting off slow and knowing that is my end goal on a long patient road my first question then for you all:

Is there anything you would change/add/remove from the word go, in the equipment listed below that is supplied as standard with my newly purchased Red Sea Max Nano tank?

Specification:

System water volume - 75L
Aquarium volume - 62L
Rear Sump volume - 13L
Aquarium glass thickness - 8mm
Surface skimmer- Removable Surface Skimmer
LED Lighting system - AI’s Prime HD 55W
Lighting control - Wi-Fi based system compatible with all iOS, Android, and Wi-Fi enabled Mac or PC
Total circulation lph (gph) - 1 x 950 (240gph)
Protein skimmer Water Flow - 180 Lph (46gph)
Protein skimmer Air Flow - 60 Lph (46gph)
Integrated power center - Individual on/off switches for circulation and skimmer pumps
Mechanical filtration - Standard 225 Micron filter bags (optional 100 micron bags)
Filtration media - Red Sea REEF-SPEC® Carbon 100g
Automatic Top-Off - ATO with 1.5L freshwater reservoir
Marine Spec cabinet with weatherproof doors
Display Tank Length - 45cm
Display Tank Width - 45cm
Display Tank Height - 45cm

Thank you all you lovely people for taking the time to read this post and hopefully i too can help other newbies like me in say 50 years time (if still alive).

SPR

Hey, many thanks for the warm welcome to RS

May i introduce myself, my name is Dan or Bagmouss (pronounced Bag-puss but with an m not p)

I have been keeping freshwater, tropical, planted fish & shrimp tanks for quite a few years now. I enjoy the challenge of keeping all things well and healthy in a tank, and seeing the beautiful life inside go about it's daily business.

As you have probably guessed from my presence here and from the title of this post, i have yet to branch into Marine and Reef tank keeping, but i am about too.......

Hopefully with the help, support and guidance of this great community, I can successfully try my hand at what i believe has been said to be the hardest, most challenging but rewarding branch of this great hobby (lives) of ours.

Let me give you some background as to where i am in this journey and that any advice, suggestions, warnings, etc would be greatly received.

As we speak i have just purchased a Red Sea Max Nano tank/cabinet. I know there are a number of reasons why i should or shouldn't have bought this brand or size of tank, especially for my first foray into the salty side of our tank loving world, but it is what it is, so this challenge has been laid before me.

Before joining RS and in particular RSM owners club i noticed Wrangys "New to Saltwater??" post. First off thank you so much Wrangy (and all other contributors) for what is a very informative and extremely helpful and supportive post. Very much appreciated.

With that in mind and with the tons of research I have already done and hoping my experiences with Freshwater/Tropical tanks will help a touch, i am now a little less nervous or more confident (glass half full/half empty?).

So i will be posting lots and i appreciated your frustrations if these have been previously answered. I promise I will search the forums intensively before bugging the world with my silly questions. (please don't shoot the newbie)

So here goes, I would ultimately like to achieve a mixed reef, live rock with fish tank but obviously starting off slow and knowing that is my end goal on a long patient road my first question then for you all:

Is there anything you would change/add/remove from the word go, in the equipment listed below that is supplied as standard with my newly purchased Red Sea Max Nano tank?

Specification:

System water volume - 75L
Aquarium volume - 62L
Rear Sump volume - 13L
Aquarium glass thickness - 8mm
Surface skimmer- Removable Surface Skimmer
LED Lighting system - AI’s Prime HD 55W
Lighting control - Wi-Fi based system compatible with all iOS, Android, and Wi-Fi enabled Mac or PC
Total circulation lph (gph) - 1 x 950 (240gph)
Protein skimmer Water Flow - 180 Lph (46gph)
Protein skimmer Air Flow - 60 Lph (46gph)
Integrated power center - Individual on/off switches for circulation and skimmer pumps
Mechanical filtration - Standard 225 Micron filter bags (optional 100 micron bags)
Filtration media - Red Sea REEF-SPEC® Carbon 100g
Automatic Top-Off - ATO with 1.5L freshwater reservoir
Marine Spec cabinet with weatherproof doors
Display Tank Length - 45cm
Display Tank Width - 45cm
Display Tank Height - 45cm

Thank you all you lovely people for taking the time to read this post and hopefully i too can help other newbies like me in say 50 years time (if still alive).
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary Dan!

Looks like a great set up and I’m following along, and we NEED pictures! Lol

The Red Sea systems like this are pretty much ‘plug and play’ and the equipment is designed for the tanks.

Have you thought about which sand, salt etc

Oh and cycling the tank. And please do not a throw a dead shrimp in and wait 6 months!! Lol. ATM Colony or similar.