New owner of rsm 130d looking for some advice.

antmauro2003

So on Sunday I will be picking up a full set up rsm 130 with lr a few fish and critters. The only downside is it has a bit of aptasia in. A bit on the rocks and alot in the gravel. I was thinking of just getting rid of the crushed coral gravel and replacing it with crushed reef pearl gravel which I have just taken feom my tropical malawi set up.. how will this affect the balance of the water if I out this straight in and how should I clean it before it goes in (ie RO water or salt water).. my next question.. It comes with a fair bit of live rock and corals, but my friend has a piece of acra Roche for sale that I think woukd make a stunning centre piece in the tank and build off of thay. He's only had it in his tank for a month... Would it mess my tank up if I added to mine and removed the old rock at a later date. Look forward to your reply.... Antonio

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Antonio,

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

Congrats on the new (to you) tank - on the crushed coral gravel, I would pass on that, I think on an inherited tank, I would go with all new sand, a good aragonite dry sand - like CaribSea Dry Aragonite Special Grade Reef Sand

on the new sps Acropora coral, they require pristine water & great lighting
Care Level: Difficult
I think I would try some easier corals, many great ones to choose from - checkout this link & look for some Level 1 & 2 corals
https://sites.google.com/a/asira.org/www2/caresheets

Hope this helps & see what others think... :nessie:

antmauro2003

Hi thanks for the reply. It's not a coral I ment arka rock. The fake stuff you can get from maidenhead aquatics. I'm definitely going to stick to easy corals until I get into it maybe a year down the line I will try others.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk