New Naso tang eating bubble algae

sirrealism

So yesterday I picked up a Naso tang under 3". With in 15 min of being in my 40b frag tank He/she started eating bubble algae!!! I had never heard of a tang that would eat bubble algae. Before the tang police say anything the 40b frag tank is being used as my QT for all new fish as it only has a blue green chromis and a pajama cardinal in it. I also picked up a 2" chevron tang that has fantastic colors. I know as it grows it will loose the orange and turn very dark but thats ok because I like the dark color it will turn. Does anyone know at what size it will change? When the Naso is done with QT and the bubble algae I am going to move it to my 93 cube because there is bubble algae in there 2. Then they will both go to my 300g 8' tank. Has anyone ever heard of a tang eating bubble algae before. I did a quick search on it and there are a few posts about it but very little. I am wondering if it only happens with very young nasos

frisbee

Sweet!

I'm not sure when the colors will change on your Cheveron Tang, but I've had an Atlantic Blue and a Red Sea Sailfin tang eat bubble algae before. Both of the fish had their adult coloration, but they couldn't have been any bigger than 5 or 6 inches.

sirrealism

Thanks frisbee. When I did the search the red sea sail fin is the one I saw the most eating bubble algae

sirrealism

DaveK I am very happy to have a fish that will eat it. I know its pretty rare to find one and to be honest until I saw it I didnt know there was any fish that would eat it. I had been manually removing it for some time and have it under control but I sure would like to get rid of it. If you search what eats bubble algae you dont find fish doing it only crabs. Thats why this fish is special to me now and will make the rounds in my reefs to remove it from all my tanks.
Cracker I dont know how much bubble algae you have but let me tell you this fish is making short work of the bubble algae in my 40b. There was enough in ther where I thought this fish would have a couple weeks worth of food but last night the largest patch of bubble is gone. I am amazed and very happy. If you could find one that eat it. All the bubble algae would be gone in a short time.