New member and new to reefing

Terry McLean

Hello there,

I have been an keeping and showing tropical fish for 50+ years. Discus, Bettas, Guppies, Killi's and Koi for the most part. Bred pretty much every freshwater fish you can. I have had saltwater fish back in the 80s but now I want to delve into this ocean reef area. I am a high end techno geek and really like the way the reef world is pushing technology to new limits that make this hobby a fun and rewarding experience.

I am still researching but am close to either choosing a Max S-650 or a Reefer 525 XL. Most likely the 650 with a few add-ons. I will be traveling to MACNA this weekend to see what the industry is doing and meeting other hobbyists.

Now I think I will read what posts are in this forum about the RedSea systems.

Thanks

Terry

mr_tap_water

Welcome to the forum Terry,
A lot has changed in reefing since the 80s easier in one sense But can be as complicated as you want to make it in another but the basics are still the same, and will be looking forward to seeing your new adventure,[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie: