New mantis owner

DoubleB

Hello, I have just bought a 2.5 in peacock mantis, is doing very well in the tank I set up specifically for him. Eating well, building and rearranging his hole constantly. My question is, will his colors come out as he gets older, because now he is relativley dull, I can see markings and colors but not vibrant like pics and vids I have seen. thanks for any info

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
This FACT alone amazes me:

"Attack of mantis shrimps happens extremely quickly - 50 times faster than the blink of an eye. With velocity of 10 meters per second, their punch has the power of a .22 caliber bullet."

But I can't find any color info for the juvenile Peacock Mantis.
I hope some one can tell you cause it'd be interesting to know.

DoubleB

I would upload video but there is a max of 1 mb. Even my shortest video is 40 plus... I'll try and shrink. Or take new using smaller dpi. Now 20 sec takes 40mb.

Snelly40

welp looks like my post was deleted... but if it's a female they are typically more dull than the males...

DoubleB

I've been told that a mantis eyes are super sensitive and can't take bright light. So I put tape over most of my led strip? Is this wise, or even necessary?

Squatch XXL

I know that this is a bit of a necro post, but I just was entertained by your video. However, I don't know that it is a peacock. Its marks, though only visible for a few moments don't seem to be peacock.