New light, Maxspect razor

Koestby

Hi guys, I got a RSM 250. And I'm going to replace the stock lighting hood.. Eventually for a Maxspect, either 16k or 10k. Can't decide on which to get. Will mainly keep softies and lps.. Maybe sps later, when I'm more experienced. Sooo, could you guys post some pics of your tanks running the mentioned light, maybe it will be easier for me to make up my mind.

Cheers :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It's really REALLY hard to get a good (accurate) picture of aquarium lighting and from my experience even more difficult with LED. I think that when you're trying to decide between actual light "temperature" on a unit that is not "adjustable" you're risking an awful lot on not seeing one first hand.

Regardless you get KUDOS for making the change to LED on your system and I'm confident either option will look awesome.

saltfan

Heres mine running 16k

DSCF5684_zps6eb25800.jpg

Koestby

Cheers for replies and pic Saltfan, is the 16k "really really" blue compared to the 10k ? In my eyes the 10k looks so white?

StirCrayzy

10k will look a bit more yellow than white, and I agree, photos are very difficult to interpret.
Even if someone says it looks exactly like the picture, your monitor more than likely has different display properties than the author's. In my eyes 12k is where the cleanest light is, and gets bluer as you move up the scale.
There are examples that I don't get though, like the divers den pics taken under 20k that look clean and white.

saltfan

+1 to all the above. The 14k is on the blue side, but not as blue as pic. but can be adjusted to your liking...

Koestby

1d547452ab0493b726c3ee36f9ae70c1.jpg

Here it is;-) Still tweaking to get the best look to my liking. But I can't say I regret doing this .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk