New here

jessemac

Hello everyone, first off..I just finished reading two threads by ReefSancuary members (leebca and Frankie) on the Hyposalinity Treatment Process, and found them both very informative and will definitely implement what they have done and suggest if I find any of my fishes with marine ich. Now a bit about me, I have been in the hobby for 2 years now. I have a 90 gallon mixed reef and at this point there is more corals than fish..lol About a year ago I moved from Springfield, OH to here in Monroe, MI and ended up having a complete tank wipe. To this day I have pondered what happened and still cannot come up with the answer. I do now however, that I lost 11 fish in total, and several soft corals and inverts. My tank has run barren for the better part of this past year with only an Blue Spotted watchman Goby and a sand-sifting star fish, and some hermits. I have had two other fish in there over the course of this last year and lost both at the same time when my tank temperature jumped to around 90 degrees. At that time I lost a Harlequin Tusk and a Powder Blue Tang. The sand sifting star and Blue spotted Goby survived and are still alive today along with two Bangii Cardinals, an orange Linka Star and my favorite, a Red Feather Star. At this point I still consider myself a noob to this hobby and am always learning something new, just like tonight. I have never heard of this type of treatment before. I hope to continue learning as much as I can and and these forums help tremendously, and there is always the added benefit of meeting other reefers, seeing what they have done and learning from them. Thanks for reading my post and hope to talk soon.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
Welcome to RS! I think it's safe to say that you'll learn many things here, as we all have! :) Do you quarantine new additions by chance?

jessemac

Welcome to RS! I think it's safe to say that you'll learn many things here, as we all have! :) Do you quarantine new additions by chance?

In the past I have not and never had a problem. As with the tank wipe, it happened over night, literally every died! With the current fish in my tank as of now I once again did not, being I know my tank is good. Two weeks ago I added 3 new inhabitants to it and all at the same time from the same store and looked very healthy. I currently still have the Blue spotted Watchman Goby and added a Green Mandarin (which is one I lost when my tank wiped and my favorite fish as well) and 2 Bangii Cardinals. At this point I am considering setting up a QT for future additions.