New Ecotech Marine Vortech MP10 ES Pump EcoSmart

flytrap

Hey all,

I am get a new Ecotech Marine Vortech MP10 ES Pump EcoSmart. It will be here I hope on Monday. Where should it go in my 130D?

Thanks

Steve

Nowellsy SNR

Either side will do but if i was you id put it on the Right side of the 130 as im pretty sure the stock outlets are on the Left?

redsea reefer

Mine is about 5 in below the water surface and just left of the middle. You will probably have to play around with the placement because each tank is different.

zenzence

st my Thoughts,
The MP-10 is by far the best pump on the market!!!! The EcoSmart is a fantastic addition to the Ecotech marine line of equipment. However and I say this being a ecosmart (upgrade) mp-10 owner. I dont see the benefit of purchasing the UPGRADE if you are only going to have one MP-10 pump operating in a Red Sea Max 130D. Most of the upgrades available on the EcoSmart driver are designed for a system with at LEAST two (2) pumps, a master and a slave. The EcoSmart Tidal Swell requires at least 2 pumps at the very minimal. The Ecotech Nutrient Transport Mode at the very minimal requires 3 pumps two on each side and one on the back of the tank.
On the pros side the driver does have a visual on pump speed, frequency,battery level, feed time, sleep time, auto wave adjust and dimmer adjustment.
In my humble opinion if you have the old driver its worth the upgrade however don’t expect much from the tidal swell or the nutrient mode with only one pump.

Just a thought