New coral, wish I knew what it was

forestal

I agree - I would caution buying corals that you can't Id as it is important to know the requirements of your livestock . Water flow, lighting , feeding, all important with corals. And just because it looked sort of ok for a week in Los under certain lights wont change its preferences. I have had enough corals that I knew about pre purchase that bit the dust despite my best efforts, also have had those impulse buys that did ok

vsiege

I have it. It is cup coral. Looks like the red kind to. I have a higher specific gravity and a light current on it. Does well mid tank for me. Its slowly becoming two.... Can't wait

37 gallon, LEDs, fish and coral

Eck36

I need more patience and a better memory. I have played around with lighting and flow and I found a place it is very happy. mid light and a fairly strong flow really make it open up. I knew what it was when I bought it, but couldn't remember the name. Long days at work are making my tank suffer, but without work (and the money it provides), the tank would REALLY suffer.

vsiege

I hear you about work. Not all coral names are easy to remember. Glad you found a nice home for it. Good luck and see you around

37 gallon, LEDs, fish and coral