New coral told plate think maybe it is a chalice

Iamonlyme

I bought this new coral and was told it was a purple plate coral however I think it looks more like a chalice with all of it's "eye" mouths lol my other plates have one mouth in center and look nothing like this maybe some one can Id it for me thanks :)
u5upuqym.jpg
utasenuq.jpg
useqezy6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iamonlyme

Thanks I hope someone else comes along a little more info would be nice everything I read says they are uncommon and none mention purple coloring :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
Looks just like this Reef Gen Purple-Eye Lithophyllon. About the size of a quarter.
The tentacles on my extend, but I have never seen them quite as happy as this one.

Iamonlyme

I bought it but can't find much info except that it is red list and that is only if is is correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seafansar

Yep, that's a litho. Neat color! I've never seen one all purple. I did see one that was purple with an orange rim in someone's tank once. Mine seems to do fine med to low in the tank. I always placed it on a rock and not in the sand, but the purple/orange one was placed in the sand. I treat it like a plate coral and occasionally spot feed it Mysis. It's a nice coral and seems pretty hardy. I fragged mine a few times and all the frags did fine.

Iamonlyme

Thank you mine seems to be doing well in the sand the tentacles are a brown color it would be cool if they became more orange. When sand blows up on it I get to enjoy watching it uncover itself only happens if my eel is in a very mobile mood lol I will keep photos updated kind of wonder if I moved it up if the color would get more intense :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk