New cole tang with growth?

jimv

I picked up a cole tang from the LFS and found a couple of growths. Can you please help ID and suggest treatment?

This one is on his tail:

4df12ebbfceec38001b1e14fe74e46db.jpg

8b9fbb59e4e004954f962490ce1ac6e2.jpg

This is on his side:

de244e22fbf1ae13b33cbc745531f749.jpg

c7dc23d9f2b2f7089455b28ee7e42ce7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sirrealism

Looks like a parasite. Not sure how to cure this as I have never had this in salt water. I hope someone else can help. Is the fish in QT?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I'm glad you put the Cole Tang is in QT :thumbup:
I hope someone will come along shortly & know what's going on with it.
Fingers crossed for you that there's a simple treatment :fingerx::fingerx::fingerx:

jimv

I hope so too. I have learned the hard way about not using a QT before putting a fish in my display. I called the LFS and they will swap him out bit the store is an hour away. It's a not so local fish store and I'm not sure when I can get there.

jimv

Thanks for the info. That looks just like them. Most of what I can find on anchor worms had to do with gold fish. Have you used these treatments in fish before?

Surfnut

I've never had to deal with them myself. A friend a few years back had a trigger come in with an Anchor Worm and he used that product to treat it. My information on this subject is second-hand.

jimv

Thanks for the help. I took it back to the LFS and they swapped it out. I also dropped another $120 on coral. I need to stay out of that place.