7/31/15 fts

IMG_20150731_1935142_zps2vpzhiam.jpg

Attachments

• img_20150612_213216-resized-1280.jpg
    img_20150612_213216-resized-1280.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

DaveK

That is a smaller tank, so you could go either way. If your willing to spend the additional time and money a sump is preferred over a canister filter in a SW reef system.

sprite

That is a smaller tank, so you could go either way. If your willing to spend the additional time and money a sump is preferred over a canister filter in a SW reef system.

I have everything I need to run a sump just not sure if I want to or not. The only reason I would is to hide the heater or I could get an inline heater

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
The extra water volume of a sump would definitely help you. It does come with other logistics though but if you can swing it, as DaveK says, it's preferable.

sprite

The extra water volume of a sump would definitely help you. It does come with other logistics though but if you can swing it, as DaveK says, it's preferable.
I went ahead and hooked a sump up but my return is to strong for the way the return is on the name overflow. It's more at a 45° angle than a 90.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Don't worry about the sand dust, once you start the cycle the bacteria will grow and one night it will go crystal clear!

Fin

Really like the Synergy tank! I prefer the sump route also. More water volume and you can put equipment like skimmer, heater, reactors down there. Give you more room to add to your filtration. Tagging along to watch it mature.