New 80g shallow reef tank

cracker

hello Bryan D, I'm Brian J LOL All in the spelling. Hey is that a Nova Evergrow refugium light? I recently bought one I "like" it !

BryanD

It is yes . It's OK I like it. It grows macro like mad, I like ot ofeed my fish a lot and i have 0 phos,

Last edited:

BryanD

Just playing with cell phone
b370b095a0ab65b7c2768653b708941a.jpg
16428fb0fb1cac4ea7783eceff03acc9.jpg
c64319187be0e05dc4c8315d100c159c.jpg
44ca8a6a6ee123d1910039ad41c1825d.jpg
a0105d07e9c67d196ee68482fdb89751.jpg
df8b194b5079758b802f9ee1ec8e0174.jpg
8b6eaf1af4a0ba7674c8228dff194862.jpg
b95dea1d460fc239eeb535d3dceccc97.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

BryanD

Its hard to find non green corals.. Need add some yellows and more orange. I have yellow polyps and orange rics but they havent grown big enough to be seen on full tank shots yet.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
For more color... maybe look at a big rainbow hammer or a rainbow wellsophyllia , great colors !
Tanks looking great !!!

BryanD

I need to clean before photos but I'm trying new light setting and want to check algae growth

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Squatch XXL

non green corals
Hahaha, I talk about this with some of the guys at the reef club. I have a much higher success rate with green than any other coral. They survive and grow better. I have 4 colors of poccilipora. The green one is easily 3x the mass under nearly identical conditions in the same tanks. I have killed every acro except an ugly brown one and Frogskin..which does amazing. Over time I have picked up more colorful Acans, riccordia/yuma, scroll coral....plenty of colorful montipora as well.

I like the look of the tank!

BryanD

Hahaha, I talk about this with some of the guys at the reef club. I have a much higher success rate with green than any other coral. They survive and grow better. I have 4 colors of poccilipora. The green one is easily 3x the mass under nearly identical conditions in the same tanks. I have killed every acro except an ugly brown one and Frogskin..which does amazing. Over time I have picked up more colorful Acans, riccordia/yuma, scroll coral....plenty of colorful montipora as well.

I like the look of the tank!
I have some yellow and orange but slower growth. I keep losing cool looking purple montipora. It's frustrating

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Squatch XXL

I keep losing cool looking purple montipora.
I just switched lights on my tank, and some of my monti just crapped out. I have great luck with the purple stylo. It grows like a weed, but seems to kill anything it touches even for a moment.

cracker

I have the same Refugio light . I finally have a light down there that can compete with the display lighting. I like it ! How bout You?

Refugio? Go to spell check & see what they say. We all know they are never wrong ! ;)