Need RCM 250 help

CSF

I have a RCM 250 just put in Deltec MC500 skimmer. When I put it at the height that I see in all the internet info the water flows over the top before I put in the collection cup. Any suggestion's?
Thanks,
CSF

mr_tap_water

Hi there
Not exactly sure what you mean are you saying water is coming over the top where the collection Cup goes in if so try turning down The air intake tap, also some pictures might help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSF

Hi there
Not exactly sure what you mean are you saying water is coming over the top where the collection Cup goes in if so try turning down The air intake tap, also some pictures might help.

even if I turn air all the way off it stills flows over the top. I could text you a short video so you could see.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

+1 ^

Last edited:

mr_tap_water

Have you tried raising the collection cup as high as it can go and turn in the air tap to the minimum setting and if that don't work if it's possible try raising the skimmer it self until the foam just starts to reach the collection cup.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
If I remember right... some members that ran the deltec skimmers and loved them, set them on like a brick to raise them up ... if this is any help... hopfully some will see this post & jump in... along with the good advise ^

May be just getting it set "at the right height" in the water...

CSF

also see if this is of any help...

If I remember right... some members that ran the deltec skimmers and loved them, set them on like a brick to raise them up ... if this is any help... hopfully some will see this post & jump in... along with the good advise ^

also see if this is of any help...

Yes I could raise the whole unit up but in the video you show I have it at the same level.
I tried to upload a video and pic to show you it won't load to big. new here trying to figure this site out.
Thanks

CSF

Yes I agree setting to the right height is the answer, I set it to the height I see in the videos but it's not high enough. The height in the videos makes the skimmer fit better.

Pat24601

Glad to see others knew the answer. One of those problems having the C-250 doesn't really help.