Need help with Tang

Mfisheruscg

hello all. I just got the tank used and came with the tang. He is have some Major fin issues. I got the tang on Friday and had to transport everything about a 2 hour trip and plus setup and all probably in a bucket for 5 to 6 hours. Also there was a lot of things the seller BSed me about as well. I was told the tank has been running for 6 months. The skimmer is also currently down waiting on the new pump to get in the air stone wasn't cutting it. I also recently added a cleaning crew and test water 0ppm for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Makes me think it wasn't running for 6 months. The ph is good. All I tested so far. I also start giving him green algae too. I read it could also be stress and diet. I do know the aquarium is to small for him and will be getting rid of him once he is all well. I don't want to pass on the problem to anyone else. Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

cracker

hello, got a few questions for You. How big is the tank and what type and size is the tang? so the fish is eating? a good sign for sure. Also can You give us a pic? I'd think most tangs are pretty tough fish !
Thanks.

Mfisheruscg

The tank is an RSM 250 so my understanding is 60 in the front and 6 in the sump. The tang is about an 1 1/2 to 2 in. He is eating good love the green algae. And swimming around really good almost always visible and has a home in the right side of the tank in a cave area. image.jpg

mtsully71

Hey there, well my 2 cents is it sure as heck looks like fin nipping from the photo you have. He looks pretty skinny IMO, unable to tell if fin rot is your problem. Keep him well fed and maybe add a vitamin food soak supplement to his food/algae sheets such as Selcon or something from brightwell aquatics. Think you are gonna be fine though. Most fish ish should look tapered when you look at em head on.

GL

Sully