Need help with my coral

Meilinli

I have these grass looking polyps. There is the clear tube looking growth on it. I'm not sure what it is or what to do with it. I have attached pictures. The people at the coral store we buy from do not know what it is. Its clear tubular growth. That has over taken the rock itself. I will try and take photos of it opened tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20170201_021000.jpg
    20170201_021000.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

maybe some type of a sponge or trunicate ??? See what others think...

index.php

It's hard to judge the size from that picture but it almost looks like Xenia. Does it open and close and kind of "pluse".
Just a guess but try an image search and see what you think.

Meilinli

No not xenia. It just looks like mushy tubes. When i poked it off it just mushed off. It ate all the purple algae on the rock.

Oxylebius

It looks like you have two species growing intertwined with each other.

The first species (see attached blue circle)
The translucent one that is on top and is tangled about - that one looks like a clear tunicate.

The second species (see attached red square)
The one encrusted to the rock with circular nobs and polyps looks like a coral, possibly a green star polyps.

Overall it looks like these haven't seen much in the way of light, that is why they are faded in color. Allow it a month to color up and then see what you have. Post more pics once they gain some color.

Attachments

• ID.jpg
    ID.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 8