Need help determining dosing amount

keithrett

I just bought a new calcium additive and the directions are confusing me so I thought I would just ask. The back of the bottle says

"Directions:

Beginner: Use one inner capful (7mL) for every 100L (25 gallons) twice a week. Check calcium once a week and adjust amount or frequency accordingly.

Note: each inner cap thread is approximately 2 mL. One full cap is 49 mL.

Advanced: Check calcium level, then follow addition regimen above until calcium is adjusted to 380-400mg/L. Each 7mL/100L (25 gallons) will raise calcium by about 10mg/L. Quantity or frequency can be adjusted, but do not exceed 21mL/100L (25 gallons) per day. Thereafter, use as required to maintain calcium."

My question is, how much will on mL raise my calcium?

Sorry if this is a simple question but I just can make sense of the directions. lol

Thanks,
Keith

keithrett

The tank that I am wanting to use this on is a 24 gallon (with about 35 lbs of rock) Sorry I forgot to mention that.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I am not the best at this... but seems one cap full = 49 ml, and 7mL/100L (25 gallons) will raise calcium by about 10mg - so a cap fill would raise it 7 x 7 ... 70 mg

hope that right... might wait for someone else to confirm... how much are you trying to raise it?

keithrett

It kind of varies from day to day. The tank is still adjusting to some recent additions, so the amount of calcium used in a day is uncertain. Sort of annoying, it used to be the same everyday. btw the tank is SPS dominated

steved13

PREMIUM
I am not the best at this... but seems one cap full = 49 ml, and 7mL/100L (25 gallons) will raise calcium by about 10mg - so a cap fill would raise it 7 x 7 ... 70 mg

hope that right... might wait for someone else to confirm... how much are you trying to raise it?

+1

Looks like a capful should raise it ~70 your tank is ~25gal obviously add a little, then test and go from there.