nano calcium reactor

mrfishy

hi folk
does anyone know of a calcium reactor that is designed for nano tanks ??
now my lighting has been upgraded i am going to increase the amount of sps i have. All the reactors i can find are for larger systems that probably won't work to their potential in a smaller tank.
Are many of you using Peristaltic dosing pumps to supply calcium etc for your stoney corals
regards
drew

Frankie

RS STAFF
This is a good reactor: Champion Lighting & Supply :: Calcium Reactors :: My Reef Creations :: Nano Reactors
I would not recommend using a reactor on a nano.
This is how I would go about keeping a sps dominant nano, weekly or twice a week 10% water changes, top off with lime water, (kalk) and dose if needed with a two part like C-Balance or some such.
In such a small water volume water changes should be sufficient in providing the calcium you need and the lime water will maintain it.

steveh

Ok, so I know I am biaised, but I would really suggest you take a look at our "Calk" product. Unlike the name suggests, it is not limewater and is a balanced formula of calcium, magnesium and alkalinity buffers. It's a powder and is supplied with an Alkalinity Pro test kit. Basiucally you measure the Alk & Calcium, and a table enclosed informs you how much Calk to add. Our techies rave about it and I have seen the results for myself. Once my tank is stocked with lps and sps I am going to move from the liquids to Calk powder as I know what it can do for the corals.

Attachments

• Calk resize.JPG
    Calk resize.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 72