Name it, please !

kenziro

Hi...Can anyone help to name my coral, please and what is the special care on it...THANK'S !

Attachments

• DSC00090ab.jpg
    DSC00090ab.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 106

DaBird

that's a carnation coral, VERY difficult coral...I've never managed to keep one for long...good luck...D

murkywaters

I'm pretty sure it's a carnation coral. I don't know about special care though. But I'm sure some of our reef genius' can help you out with that

ReefLady

Staff member
Dendronephthya or scleronephthya.

If you can take it back to the store, do so.

lgerold

DaBird pegged it. Very difficult. Very disappointing. They shouldn't even be sold. Beautiful though!

murkywaters

that's a carnation coral, VERY difficult coral...I've never managed to keep one for long...good luck...D
Dang I finally knew something and you beat me to the punch. oh well you taught me that anyway so I guess it's fair. :heart:

sam wise

carnation coral, mine is in low lighting, moderate flow from both sides and is target fed twice a week with 5ml marine snow.....and is growing like a goodun. I was warned it would be difficult to keep but my lfs had one that was not looking too healthy so got it foc!!

deaclauderdale

Sam Wise cool name it reminds me of "Sam Wise" gangy of Lord of The rings fame. But yes that is a carnation and difficult to keep. You'll notice that sam wise has a 500+ setup whixh has aided in the health of his, but most die off after awhile so I would take it back and get something a little more hardy.