My Zoanthid cluster I bought last week does not open

RedSea_New59

I have a 34 gallon Red Sea setup I bought in February that was fully setup and running with Brown Zoas, a few fish, crabs and LR, etc. Purchased some Candy Cane coral last week that seems to be doing well and a very nice looking green Zoanthid cluster. All looks good except the cluster. Maybe 1/4 of the polyp's open at any given time. I have moved it from the bottom area to about 1/2 way up on the LR but still looks the same. Only about 1/4 open. Any thoughts as to what the issue may be? By comparison, the tank came with the big brown Zoas that appear to be doing very well.

Uncle99

I might start with too much light too fast and they have not acclimatized.
Do you have.strong light? Mine are at the top and will close on the top only when the light gets to strong...I have a foot of sunlight crossing my tank for 2 hours per day.

If not light, I would probably not worry so much being only 1 week old.
It's hard to kill zooanthids, be patient for another week and watch.

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
So long as the water parameters are looking good, lighting is the likely variable here. If they were under dim lighting at the LFS, and you are blasting them with LED light, they'll stay closed. If it was vice versa, they could just need a few more days.

-Jeff