My shiny new White C-250,,, wow waited for a long time,,

I think I was the first in Canada,,, first in Vancouver most definitely.

anyways,, it's all setup running and alll..

still doing the cycle...

One thing I have noticed... is I didn't like the water noise from the skimmer when the water level was low,, so I filled the tank/sump up to the highest point according to the markers in the side of the sump...

Before when I had sump levels at the recommended levels pH was fine 8.15-8.20...
keep in mind I'm still cycling...

but I think after I started to raise the tank/sump level to the maximum to avoid water noise,, pH has dropped to 7.85-7.95 during the day... (due to lack of water surface agitation)

I'm not sure if it's that or the fact that I'm still cycling

Has anyone noticed this or had any experience with it ?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cheers for starting a tank thread, look forward to the pics !

ph between 7.8-8.5 is fine, and changes through out the day for a number of reasons... light just on, late day, even oxygen level from fresh air, I am sure the nitrogen process also has an effect...

see what others think & welcome to the RSM Club ! once you get 5 post... you can post pics :)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I wouldn't chase that number, especially since you are still cycling:

goma-albums-parameters-picture24821-standard-parameters.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
:yehoo: YAY, You have a tank thread :thumbup:
I agree with Greg on not needing to chase numbers yet.
Did you add a deli-shrimp to boost & feed your cycle?
It helped with my cycle patience to post my ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels in my tank thread...I'd highly suggest doing that. Where are you on getting your 1st ammonia reading? Any nitrites yet?
Excited to follow along with your White C-250 adventure :chair::lurk:

What is size mod piping should I be using for the 2 return pipes ?? I want to split them off into a Y pipe
locline-y.jpg

I measured it and I think it's 5/8 Outer Diameter..

But I can't find any 5/8 mod piping,,, only 1/2 and 3/4 inch... ???

temporary mod until I can figure out how to connect loc-line to the RS outlets
didn't like the possible positions of the outlets,,, point them too far to the center,, it creates a vortex in the middle of the front of the tank,,, creating bubbles and digs in the gravel...

point it to straight forward of the tank,,, not enough surface turbulence...

2014-04-13172602_zps46ebd8d8.jpg

left side pointing to the front right corner and the left one to the rear right corner..

creates a nice large oval vortex without any of the above drawbacks...

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I modded both of my return flow nozzles with the Innovative Marine Spin Stream...
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/86850-spin-stream-rsm-250-a.html
Not sure if they changed the nozzles on the C-250 but I like the way they work on my RSM 250.

Very pretty rock scape. Looks to be close to the top of the water surface, any idea what corals you will put up there?
I noticed fish in the 1st picture & not in the next...did you take them out? :fishy:
I like my Green Chromis (I have 3) but I've read may don't have success with them getting along peacefully with each other, even tho they are considered a schooling fish. So far mine are not aggressive towards each other.

Yeah I was looking at the spin streams,,, do they create a lot of splashing on the light cover when they are pointing at 12 o clock ???

thx... it took three attempts and about 4 hours to get it right

not to sure If I can put any corals up there,,, too high when I do a water change.. :(

The chromis are still there... they were in the backyard... they are starting some sort of pecking order... oh well as long as they just pick among themselves...

I modded both of my return flow nozzles with the Innovative Marine Spin Stream...
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/86850-spin-stream-rsm-250-a.html
Not sure if they changed the nozzles on the C-250 but I like the way they work on my RSM 250.

Very pretty rock scape. Looks to be close to the top of the water surface, any idea what corals you will put up there?
I noticed fish in the 1st picture & not in the next...did you take them out? :fishy:
I like my Green Chromis (I have 3) but I've read may don't have success with them getting along peacefully with each other, even tho they are considered a schooling fish. So far mine are not aggressive towards each other.

expelling Co2
I have been doing some controlled tests... it seems like the best way to expel CO2 from your tank is to run a fast stream from an outlet along the back side of the tank along the intake grates of the sump... creates lots of bubbles and turbulence on the other side...

added an MP40 to compliment mp10,,,
not too sure how to pair them so they are pumping out the same flow ???

also replaced the hillbilly white piping with loc-line...

2014-04-17201949_zps0ff75765.jpg

left and right sump sections... the water seems pretty still and filmy.
Do you think it would be advantageous to install one of these,, Eheim Skim 350 Surface Skimmer, to cleanup the water surface ?

3/4 inch sections... ,,
originally bought the 3/4" y split...
installed it but the throughput was minimal ,, perhaps 3/4 to 1/2 would have been better,, but decided that would be too busy... it's just a 65 gal...

but decided to just keep it to the 3/4 single to the 3/4 flat blade,, cleaner... and provides a nice surface agitation. ..