My seahorses-Zeus and Athena

axelsmischief

trying to post a pic of my male/female hippocampus erectus ponies. Not sure if this will work or not. I'm still a newbie on trying to get pics to post. :banghead:

Right now they're housed in a 20 gallon with some blue leg hermits and peppermint shrimp (which just had babies!) and a Mandarin Dragonet (believe it or not-trained on frozen enrihced brine shrimp) . I also have a Barnacle Blenny, Steinitz Goby and Yellow Watchman Goby along with a green pistol shrimp in quarantine. New yellow and purple sea whip just arrived and to go into quarantine too.

Zeus just had a bout with a pouch gas bubble. Got that resolved, although I was nervous about it as this was a first...but he's none the worse for wear.

Hubby just bought me a 65 gallon with stand that we haven't even started setting up yet. He wants to make this into a mini-reef type setup for the ponies and said I can have more if I want! :dance: However it will be a while before that tank is cycled and ready...

forestal

Very nice horses - since they are fed heavily often water quality is tougher to keep good for corals but gorgonians make nice hitches and softies in general can more tolerant. A bigger tank will make it easier to keep more stable conditions. Look forward to seeing more of your fish and ponies
How long have you had them and what do you feed?

axelsmischief

They're eating enriched frozen mysis, a few enriched brine and live amphipods once weekly. I got them 11/10/12. Can't wait to get the 65 gallon set up. Hubby's putting rocks together now.

forestal

Very nice I miss having ponies I have had erectus and kudas in past. Will enjoy watching them as you share pics