My peacock mantis shrimp chronicle.

PIMPALA

thanks Glenn! Last time I moved it, i measured around 7", and for this species, that is believed to be around the max length. Not sure how fast they grow honestly, as I do believe their environment, eating habits, and their ability to have a successful molt plays a huge part in it. ive read just about everything there is to read about them, and one thing is for sure... nobody REALLY knows everything about them. they are one of the most interesting animals on the planet. they have the quickest strike of any animal. they have the most complex eyes, and best vision of any animal on the planet. we are using technology learned from studying their eyes in new lenses, filters, and types of lasers. its amazing really.

Scott... ive watched the trigger stick his nose in the cave more than once, never harmed. the lion is too big for him to mess with. ive seen the mantis walk right by the lion and grab a piece of shrimp, no problems. I did however, put a smaller matching tomato clown in there with the larger one, to pair up. it was successful, but for a couple of months while the tank was sans RBTA, the little clown would hang out in a corner of the tank at night, and it disappeared. I cant blame it 100% on the mantis, but hes my prime suspect, as im not sure that he would fit in the lions mouth... although i have seen stranger things. he was REALLY fat for a couple of weeks. LOL

Last edited: