My other tank (s)

Adrienne

Hi Pat, sorry for the delay in replying. I went overseas on holiday :)

I've had tropical tanks for 35+ years but in the last 8 or so years made the venture into properly planted tanks. I'm lucky that here in NZ there is an aquatic society ,of which I have just finished as secretary and treasurer, which is full of plant and aquascape enthusiasts and if you ask a question there are a multitude of people willing to help out :) Currently I am working on my anubias species and that is interesting as we get fairly generic names of plants here - anubias because I have a magazine article to write.
When starting out I found google was great and then used a forum to get more indepth advice. I've watched numerous Amano clips on youtube also regarding aquascaping.

Bowfronts are fine, it just depends on the look you want :)

Oxylebius

I have a bow front FW turtle tank (with guppies = turtle food), that is also planted. I find that it is hard to take pictures of the tank. Due to the bowed glass it can distort what you are taking a picture of.

I think the tank is about 40g in size. I don't have all the gadgets on this tank, only a UVA/UVB basking light for the turtle and LEDs to light the rest of the tank, and one pump for circulation. Two species of plants grow really well in there, one is a broad leaf variety that roots in the pebbles on the bottom of the tank and some fern like species that attached to the lava rocks. The guppies reproduce like crazy year round, never replaced any in the last 7+ years. The turtle hunts them down and eats them. I change out the water monthly and feed the Morla the Turtle daily. Easy-peasy

Morla the Turtle is about 23 years old now