My name is Noel

NoelDeVoll

Hello, I joined this forum for support and information as I have found many questions along this journey of the Reef Tank hobby.
I have a 230 gallon tank with a 55 gallon sump. I have a protein Skimmer and I run four wave makers. The temp stays around 74-78 degrees. I have two T10s blue and white and two T5s white and blue. There are about 74 pounds of live rock over 100 pounds of sand. I have a leather tree, leather lettuce , pipe organ corals, zooanthids, frogspawn, hammerhead, purple mushrooms, green hairy mushrooms and plain green mushrooms, some polyps and two anemones. One is a false rose and I am not certain what the other is. I do know that it is NOT a bubble tip rose though.
I have 6 damsels, a cleaner shrimp, a Kole Tang, a Sailfin Tang, a Blue Ocean Tang, 6 snails, 5 hermit crabs, a lawnmower blenny, a fire tail blenny as well as two baby clownfish.
I came to this forum because I haven't seen my blennies in a week. Neither of them. It is weird and unsettling. I have checked EVERYWHERE. No hint. No sign. No remains... NOTHING. Nothing has changed as far as my parameters either. My PH stays around 8.1/8.2, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, Nitrate, Salinity 32, specific gravity 1.024. Any thoughts? I appreciate everything. Thank you for having me here.

Attachments

• IMG_0509.JPG
    IMG_0509.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 5

DaveK

It's not too unusual to have fish just seem to disappear. If something does die, often the other livestock in the tank will completely devour it. Also blennies are notorious for going down the overflow of a tank, and for jumping out. You may find the missing fish in the filtration system or on the floor. On top of that, many SW fish can completely blend into the background, hiding in plain sight. You'd think those bright colors would give them away but in fact hide them.

You may find that your missing fish turn up and are just hiding in the rocks someplace, or something could have happened to them. If everything else is ok, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It doesn't sound like you have a water quality issue.

yungreefer2410

I've "lost" a blenny in my old 29g reef tank only for it to show itself again 3-4 weeks later. In a 230g tank, I can easily imagine a blenny just being out of sight