My latest out to lunch idea

l3fty999

Something to zap aiptasia, hmmmmm. We all should know that electricity takes the path of least resistance. If you had 2 probes, anode and cathode, then made sure the aiptasia was directy between them, it could work..... I know they'll withdraw, but it's worth a shot. One more thing to consider, it's not the voltage that's important, it's amperage. It only takes 500 miliamps to interrupt the nerve that tells your heart to keep beating, for example. So maybe if you took a 9 volt battery and just used simple probes like you would use for a voltmeter, well darn it anyway, I just ruined the fun by being to serious. But I do think you may have some success. Oh, and I came up with all this while I was dosing vodka....

Aaron

l3fty999

Something to zap aiptasia, hmmmmm. We all should know that electricity takes the path of least resistance. If you had 2 probes, anode and cathode, then made sure the aiptasia was directy between them, it could work..... I know they'll withdraw, but it's worth a shot. One more thing to consider, it's not the voltage that's important, it's amperage. It only takes 500 miliamps to interrupt the nerve that tells your heart to keep beating, for example. So maybe if you took a 9 volt battery and just used simple probes like you would use for a voltmeter, well darn it anyway, I just ruined the fun by being to serious. But I do think you may have some success. Oh, and I came up with all this while I was dosing vodka....

Aaron

I'm serious...you will NOT zap your entire tank if you do this, like I said, electricity takes the path of least resistance, and if the aptaisia is in the way, well that's the end of it, right? If you won't do it, I might... I have another thread about pest anemones, and if you want to see if it works, pm me and I will give it a try and post it here or wherever. Please do tell me what you all think.

Take care
Aaron

Take care
Aaron

Hizanonyirork

Has been struck by the ban stick
I have qtps on my Duster and YES you will get peoples attention Whats strange thou is open them up and feel how much exhaust still goes out the back--Steve