My fresh start

zar

My past tank went horribly wrong because i didn't have like any filtration, but now I have a superly oversized skimmer. I am planing on making a 40 gallon breeder into a frag tank for lps but mostly sps frags. Im planing on around 12 times the turn over rate,and over into my coast to coast bean animal overflow, then down to my 20 gallon sump/refuge along with some nano-streams. I have already decided to go with t5's, but not the exact fixture. I was looking at getting a 36" fixture with 4x 39 watt bulbs for around 100.00 110.00 tops. Any suggestions? I saw this one

Light Fixture for opinions

and i know it doesn't have separate reflectors but i have some that i could easily put in and I would exchange the bulbs for better quality ones, but the only thing i don't know about, and that's How could i get the led's on a separate cord? Your input is greatly appreciated !

Last edited by a moderator:

Frankie

RS STAFF
Here's a bump. Sorry for the confusion with your first post zar. Welcome back to RS :D

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary!

I've never seen that fixture - very low priced and that would make the quality of what's inside (ballast, wiring) questionable. It might be worth it if you plan on replacing the reflectors. With one power cord I'm guessing it would take some rewiring to get the moonlights on a separate circuit, but I'm about zero knowledge on electrical things.

tnwillia

Welcome to RS!

THe discription says the lights & LEDs are on different switches. I found I just left the LEDs on 24/7 anyway. Do you really need different cords? I'm guessing you may want to put a timer on the T5s and still have the LEDs. Rather than trying to rewire the hood you could just add a seperate R2 LED in the center where the existing LEDs are, it has it's own cord.

Have fun!

R2 Solutions Extreme Moonlight 4 3/8" LED Tube - AquaCave

zar

thanks i'll try that led thing It might be a while till i get the new fixture though. Thanks again tnwillia

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif